SUMMARY OF SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Committed to developing an advanced career in fine art
- Knowledgeable in research methods resulting in exclusive artworks and informative exhibitions and catalogues
- Practiced in project coordination
- Excellent public relations, and oral and written communication skills
- 10 years experience in curatorship, 8 years in administration and over 40 years in education
Current: Fine Artist working in mixed media including: textiles, silk, oil, watercolour, charcoal
Artist and business partner with the Jordan Art Gallery, Jordan, Ontario
- Previous:Director of Operations, RiverBrink Art Museum (The Weir Foundation): www.riverbrink.org
- Visual Art Educator with the Niagara Falls Art Gallery and Children’s Museum programme – operating through the Niagara District Public and Catholic School Boards Collection.
- Curator with the Niagara Falls Art Gallery archiving the Niagara Falls www.riverbrink.org
- Adjunct Curator, Rodman Hall Arts Centre, St. Catharines, Ontario
- University Educator (two years); teaching assistant (five years), Centre for Canadian Studies, Brock University.
- Secondary School Art Teacher, District School Board of Niagara
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 2002-5 – Master of Education in Integrated Studies, with focus on creativity in teaching and learning (Brock University) (awarded book prize for highest graduating mark)
- 1990-99 – Bachelor of Arts, Honours with Distinction, Canadian Studies and Visual Arts (Brock University, 1999) (three times awarded book prizes)
- 1994-95 – Post Diploma in Cultural Resources Management (Niagara College) Site placements x 6 weeks each at Jordan Historical Museum and Rodman Hall Arts Centre
- 1985-89 – Children’s Literature and Creative Writing courses (Niagara College)
- 1982-89 – Master Spinners Diploma (Ontario Handspinners and Weavers, through Niagara College)
- 1976-78 – Diploma in Teaching (Auckland Teachers’ College, New Zealand)
- 1972-74 – Diploma in Fine Arts – majoring in painting and fabric arts (Auckland University, NZ)
- 2019 – Turbulence: White Wood Aster (Eurybia divaricate) in Connecting our Natural Worlds, opens at the Sonora Dessert Museum, Tucson, Arizona, October 5
- 2019 – Kahika, Steps to the Underworld, Pohutukawa at Cape Reinga in New Zealand Flora and Fauna, opened at Ailsa Craig, now travelling in New Zealand.
- 2019 – Fractured Earth Skies, in Future Endeavours, Miniature Quilts, (Homer Watson House and Gallery), Kitchener. Awarded Best in Show.
- 2018 – Clouded Heads in Fibre Content, 2018 (Art Gallery of Burlington). Currently travelling Ontario, 2019
- 2018 – Winter Gymnasium #2 in Reflections, Miniature Quilts (Homer Watson House and Gallery), Kitchener. Awarded Honorable Mention.
- 2017 – Mewinzha (a long time ago): Flight over Niagara in As The Crow Flies, Canada’s 150th Anniversary exhibition (Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre)
- 2016 – Beausoleil Saracen: Sculpture in Silk fibre and Beads in Fibre Content (Art Gallery of Burlington)
- 2016 – Beausoleil Saracen: Sculpture in Silk fibre and Beads in Threadworks. Flashback (Wellington County Museum and Archives) received the Innovative Use of Materials award
- 2016 – Caribbean Escape: oils and watercolours of Caribbean, Fenwick Hardware, Fenwick, Ontario
- 2015-16 – Bubbles and Friends: oils depicting rescue cats in the Fenwick community, Fenwick Hardware, Fenwick, Ontario
- 2015 – Historic Barns and Homes, watercolour exhibition and research project, Maple Acre Library, Fenwick, Ontario
- 2014 – Cuban Connections: Fibre Content, 2014 (Burlington Art Centre, Juried
- 2012 – Niagara’s Bounty & Escarpment Perspectives: Panel for Group Textile
- 2009 – Above the Escarpment Series for Escarpment: On the Edge, City of St.
- 2004 – Sacrificial Dove for Revealed: Women’s Voices, Juried Exhibition,
- 2003 – Stretching the Envelope., Alumni Exhibition, Brock University
- 2001 – The Fallen, collaborative installation, with visual artist Suzanne Hawthorn, October 12 – 21, (Niagara Artists Company, St. Catharines)
- 2000 – Dove-Tale, collaborative Installation, Performance with poet Patricia Exhibition exhibit. Permanent installation commissioned by the Niagara Region. Catharines annual juried exhibit(Rodman Hall, Brock University)Abram, July 9- September 10, (Rodman Hall Arts Centre, St. Catharines and scheduled exhibition Agnes Jamieson Gallery, Minden, Ontario, May 10-27, 2001)
- 1999 – Award winner, St. Catharines Art Association, Juried Show, (Rodman Hall)
- 1998 – Honourable mention, Grimsby, Juried Exhibition,
- 1997 – Work selected for St. Catharines Art Association, Juried Show, (Rodman Hall)
- 1996 – Work selected for St. Catharines Art Association, Juried Show, (Rodman Hall)
- 1995 – Participated in group shows: Women’s Art, Niagara Falls Gallery; Juried Student Show, Brock Gallery; Juried Exhibition, Grimsby Art Gallery; St. Catharines Art Association Juried Show, Rodman Hall; solo exhibition, Framing and Art, Lake Street, St. Catharines
- 1980 – Ontario 80, 2 works selected for travelling fibre/fabric arts exhibit(London, Ontario)
- 1974 – Solo graduation show, Gallery Lichtenstein, Auckland, New Zealand